Library at a glance
LIBRARY & INFORMATION CENTRE
A Library is the delivery room for the birth of ideas. A Library is a heaven for a student, a teacher and of course for all those who are fond of reading even it is only just for the sake of reading. Library is the place where one can get unlimited stocks of books on any and every subject that may be of interest or need for an individual. A library is the place where one can spend hours of time fruitfully and filled with interest. One can learn so much by reading books authored by eminent writers and thus become knowledgeable.
Milagres College Library serves as a resource center and aims to develop a comprehensive collection of document’s useful for faculty and students of the institute and provides an efficient dissemination of knowledge.
Library aims to be best among college libraries in the district. Library intends to incorporate the latest technology and adopt user friendly approach towards students and faculty. Library intends to offer comprehensive services related to dissemination of knowledge.
- Orientation Programme: Orientation regarding the library procedures and the use of library is given to fresh students every year.
- Services to the Alumni and Public : Books will be issued to the alumni of the college under the ‘Deposit system’.
- Best User Award: Best library user awards have been instituted in order to motivate the students to make the best use of the library.
- Book Exhibition: Book exhibition is conducted in order to inculcate reading habits and to create awareness among the users about the holdings of the library.
- Services to the Sister Institutions: Library is open to the sister institutions.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
The library rules and regulations are introduced to regularize the use of the library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs.
- Students/staff shall scan their ID card in the E Gate Register scanner while entering and leaving the library.
- Books shall be issued only on production of ID card.
- Strict silence shall be maintained in the library.
- Personal belongings like files, folders, bags, personal books, bound notebooks, issued books etc are not allowed inside the library. They should be kept on the rack provided at the entrance of the library.
- Mobile phones and other devices should be in silent mode.
- Laptops may be used inside the libraries (without any audio).
- For the benefit of its users, library is following the Open Access System.
- Library books should be handled with utmost care. Marking or any kind of scribbling on pages or folding of page is strictly prohibited. Mishandling or damage to the books will invite penalty.
- In case of loss of any book, the borrower as to pay the double cost of the book.
BOOKS ISSUES AND RETURNS:
- The books taken from the library are to be returned on or before the due date specified in the due date slip sticked in the last page of the books.
- Students are eligible to take 4 books at a time from the library.
- If a user fails to return the books on the due date the member is liable to be fined Rs. 2 per day.
- Reference books, Project Reports, Back Volumes and Periodicals and rare books will not be issued. They are only for reference inside the library.
Name of the Staff
Mrs. Rekha U
MLIS,KSET MPhil, MA(Eng.), DCA
Mrs. Nagarathna KH
Library is kept open on all working days except general holidays. Working hours is as follows:
- Regular Days 8.30 A M Hrs to 4.45 P M
- Saturdays 8.30 A M Hrs to 0.30P M
LIBRARY PHYSICAL COLLECTIONS:
No. of Volumes
No. of Titles
No. of Periodicals
No. of Back Volumes
No. of CDs/DVDs
No. of Thesis
No. of Project (UG & PG)
No. of Newspapers
- NDLI (National Digital Library of India – MHRD) – Log on to: https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.n/
- INFLIBNET – N LIST –Log on to: http://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) – Log on to: https://doaj.org/
- DOAB (Directory of Open Access Books) – Log on to: http://www.doabooks.org/
- E – Shodhganga – Log on to :inflibnet.ac.in
- E – Shodhsindhu – Log on to :http://www.inflibnet.ac.in/ess/
- E – PGpathshala – Log on to :https://.epgp.inflibnet.ac.in
- NISCAIR- Log on to : http://www.niscair.res.in/
- NPTEL – Log on to; https://nptel.ac.in/
- SWAYAM – Log on to: https://swayam.gov.in/
- Indian Academy of Sciences Logo to https://www.ias.ac.in/