ABOUT THE LIBRARY:
Library and Information Centre, Milagres College came into being with the establishment of the college in June 1967. The College has well equipped library with around 43385 books. In the beginning days it was housed in the Ground Floor of the main building where the Room No. 103 and 104 are at present. In the year 1971 a spacious and well furnished new building was constructed, it was inaugurated on 19-12-1971 and it is named as Very Rev. Monsignor Denis Jerome D’Souza Jnana Mandira. In the year 2001-2002 the first Floor was constructed with the help of UGC Grants. March 29th, 2019 renovated open access library was inaugurated.
- Online Public Access Catalogue: Library collection of Books can be accessed through computer by criteria like title, author, keyword, accession number, publisher etc.
- Book Bank Scheme: Under this scheme, a student can borrow a book and retain the same with him till the end of the each semester. Maximum of Rs.1.00 per book is collected towards the maintenance cost
- Access to E-Resources: Library user can access more than 97000 e-books and 6000 e-journals through INFLIBNET N-List Programme. Library has taken institutional membership with INFLIBNET Ahmadabad through which NLIST Electronic resources 6,000+ e-journals and 31,35,000+ e-books can be accessed.
- Departmental Library: To assist teaching and reading, books are loaned to all departments for the departmental libraries. Students can also borrow books from the departmental libraries by contacting the heads of the departments concerned by fulfilling the necessary conditions.
- Periodicals- The library subscribes 90 magazines/journals on various subjects to facilitate current reading. Back volumes of all important journals are bound and available for reference.
- Internet Services: There is an internet centre in the library. The internet facility is provided to the staff and students free of cost. The students are allowed to browse and download various academic resources available on the net.
- Newspaper Service: There is a separate newspaper section. Our library subscribes 12 newspapers.
- Circulation services: Membership of library is open to the Students and Staff of the College Students can issue 4 books at a time. Students can retain a book for 15 days. Books can be reissued if they are not in demand. If the book is not returned within the due date, a fine of Rs.2.00 per day will be collected as overdue charges.
- Newspaper clipping service: Displaying newspaper clippings on the notice board periodically, on various subjects including career & development announcements, for the use of students and faculty.
- Reference Services: The users are given guidance and assistance in searching the relevant information needed by them.
- New Arrival Display Service: Latest books are displayed to draw the attention of the users to be aware of the latest publications.
- CCTV Surveillance System.
- Major Collections of E-books, E-Journals and E-databases access through LAN.
- Digital Library used for accessing E-Resources.